Thursday, July 23, 2009

Amending is better than ending...

Some tweaking to the rules. And not to make it easier for myself...maybe even a little harder. But mostly just clarifications!

1. I CAN buy fabric. However. I must have a specific project in mind, with a set amount of fabric I will need to do said project. I must also finish the skirt I was going to make 3 months ago with the fabric I bought 4 months. If this never happens then I do not get to go buy new fabric. ok? OKEEE?

2. We are going to Austin. AUSTIN???? CAN YOU BELIEVE I CAN'T GO THRIFTING IN AUSTIN TEXAS???? we are going to have to think of something sneaky and frugal. Any suggestions? A gift of cash to be only spent on AMAZING AUSTIN CRAP??? I don't want to cheat. But, oh boy....hmmm.

3. I can MAKE jewelry. But I must use items I already have. Which is surprisingly a lot. Including earring hooks and stuff....so next time I'm DYING for new earrings the needle nose pliers will be pulled out.

4. Here is a list of necessities that should be the only items I can trade for:
a. Winter coat-I had to get rid of my good winter coat last season because it was way too big and plus, Jesse hated it. It is going to be an El Nino year so I might not even need one by November (crossing fingers) but if the weather gets bad...
b. Costume for Halloween/birthday party. I am going to try not to have to get anything for this. I have the dress already so....(secret birthday/halloween plans will be revealed later!)
c. that's all!!

5. Bras. I have recently purchased a couple of new bras but in a fit of despair our dryer started eating clothes, and in turn tried to eat the clasps off of my bras (I know, I know, my bras shouldn't have even gone in the dryer in the first place, but c'mon I'm no Martha Stewart). Anyways...they are holding strong, I've fixed the clasps to the best of my ability but in case of emergency bra disintergration, and I am talking absolutely unwearability, I am allowing myself to buy ONE and only ONE. (a new one, not a used one, with my assets somebody else's already stretched out undies will not be sufficient) IN CASE OF EMERGENCY ONLY!!!!

I think that is all for now...do you think this is fair? Should I be tougher on myself? hrmf.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if your friends give you money to shop for things in Austin for them... that wouldn't really help you, but it might give you a chance to vent those impulses! And make you an even cooler friend, is such a thing is possible.
    : )
    for serious...

    ReplyDelete